Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wisdom

I recently heard the quote:
"Discernment is more than knowing right from wrong.
True discernment is knowing right from almost right. "

Today I began my morning reading in I Kings. Solomon, after being hand-appointed by King David before his death, is in charge. Most know Solomon as the writer of most of the Proverbs and the spicy Song of Solomon. "Wisdom" seems to be interchangable with his name. Today the "holy high-lighter" beamed on one over-looked point.

When dreaming of a conversation with the Lord, God asked him what he most wanted. Faced with many choices including wealth, love, fame and power, Solomon said he wanted wisdom and discernment. Pleased by this, God granted his request but also favored him by also providing the other riches.

I know God is not a "genie in a bottle". But, if I was given one "wish"... would I choose wisdom? Would you? Today, consider all God has to offer and choose wisely when making requests.

2 comments:

Carol Davis said...

Thanks for this post. Great reminder!

Carol said...

Hmmm...I'm thinking about this one.