Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Decisions, Decisions!

Saturday, November 14th, I had the privilege of being a part of Belmont Baptist's Ladies Tea. The event was in Gainesville, Ga. The men of the church cooked and served the women! I liked that :) Each table had a hostess responsible for decorating in a theme. From fine china to mason jars, the details were terrific. One lady hunter even dressed her table in camouflage and hung a deer head over the table!

I met a lady named "Beulah Land"...no kidding.

Below is a follow-up e-mail from the coordinator of the event.

Janet,
Thank you so much for coming and sharing with us. You did an incredible job and everyone had great things to say about you. Even our youth were impressed and that's a hard thing to accomplish. My older daughter lost a very close cheerleader friend to a brain aneurysm this past January and she said your message spoke straight to her. On Sunday, a lot of the older ladies told me they thoroughly enjoyed your songs and your humor. Several asked how I had found you. When I went through the response cards, 2 marked that they prayed for salvation and 4 prayed to rededicate their lives. PTL!! I am so thankful that Amy led me to you. It was simply wonderful. Keep up the good work, God is obviously doing great things through you. I will continue to pray for your ministry. May God bless!
~Lois


Two Decisions for Salvation and 4 Rededications!
God is so good!

1 comment:

Debbie Petras said...

I am always thrilled to hear about new believers and followers of Jesus Christ. Such wonderful news and to be an instrument in God's hands to reach others. He is obviously doing a work in you and through you to impact the world.

Amy of Signs, Miracles and Wonders posted your song about Mary on her blog today and I loved it. I came by to say hello after listening to it. I participate with Amy every Saturday on Then Sings My Soul Saturday. It has been such a blessing to participate and meet other bloggers. We worship across the globe together and how awesome that is.

I love how each one of us can use the gifts our Lord has given us for His purposes. May the Lord bless you. It was great to visit you and I'll be back.

Blessings,
Debbie