Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Saturday, January 10, 2009

TSMS-Red Wing

Today, my TSMS post is a little different. It's about a song...but as stirring as any lyric. Suzanne Gaither-Jennings wrote and read a poem called "Red Wing" at one of the many Homecoming videos hosted by her parents, Bill and Gloria Gaither.

If you will hang with it...and have children...especially little boys...I think you won't regret the few minutes it takes to hear it.

With two children of my own, who are growing up before my very eyes, I was moved by the perspective Suzanne offered as a mother. One day my children may turn away from all I've tried to place in their hearts...but I pray that wherever they are - they remember songs we sang and stories they heard and feel close to God.



More Then Sings My Soul with Amy at www.signsmiraclesandwonders.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Karen said...

That was truly beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I have three grown sons...two have stayed true to their Christian heritage, while one has ventured another way. I will never give up hoping he will remember the things from his youth.....

Shirley said...

Very sweet - oh, don't they grow up so fast!!!