Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Thursday, September 24, 2009

More Ice, Please.


Our ice maker went out so I bought some ice trays yesterday. Sam asked me why I had blue egg cartons...he had NEVER seen an ice tray! What are we doing to our youth of today?? Every kid should experience the twisting, popping, filling and balancing!

My kids think it is the coolest thing ever. They keep going to the freezer to "check" if the water has changed. Maybe I should have waited until Christmas to unveil this trendy new gadget.

Sometimes it's the simple things that bring us back to basics. I have taken an Interim position as Music Director at a local church. Over the past 10 years, Matt and I have served in churches with music programs that included large choirs, bands and orchestras. This church has a piano and organ (played by two very capable musicians). The absence of strings and drums was shocking at first. But now, I find myself really focusing on the message of the songs - which is what it's all about anyway.

The bottom-line is: Whether you have an electric ice maker or ice trays...you still get ice to cool your drink. Whether you have a huge choir and band or a small choir and keyboard, if you are worshipping with what you have, God is pleased.

No comments: