Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011. Wasn't it just a few years ago when we were gonna' "party like it's 1999"? Now what?

In the month of resolutions, I have searched my mind and heart for some changes that need to be made in my life. I don't make resolutions - anymore. I've done that and then feel like a big ole' failure when I don't get up earlier...or lose 30 pounds.

I will not make plans that don't have an end. "Getting healthy" and "growing closer to God" are daily disciplines that won't be determined by a calendar. Each day, I begin again to make that day count in those areas.

This year, I'm making plans and placing them at the foot of the cross. My plans are big but His plans are always better!

With my speaking schedule a little lighter in the coming months, I have set a few goals: finish & print my testimony book (really close), complete the music project I'm currently working on, and finish my fiction book before the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference in May. (I would be happy getting really close to finishing.)

Accomplishing these goals will not define me; however, God convicted my heart a few years ago about finishing what I start. Unfinished sewing and craft projects in a box in the basement haunt me when I think of the time invested with no satisfaction of completion.

New year. New beginnings. New completions. New Direction.

No comments: