Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

If you've gotten here from Amy Wyatt's blog site - you know I am writing 6 quirky things about me. The trouble with this assignment is that I don't necessarily think they are all that quirky. I had to go deep into the brain archives to pull out the most-pointed-out tendencies by my family. They are as follows:

1. I can't do "warm". I like hot or cold. It drives my husband crazy - the air in the car is either all the way to on the red or all the way on the blue.
2. Every Sunday after church, I must have a nap - with curtains drawn, pajamas on and lots of covers for optimum snuggle-down. The whole week is messed up if I this procedure is not in place.
3. OK, I'm going "there". I will go to great lengths to avoid the appearance of undergarments - strangely, I wouldn't want people to think I was going "commando".
4. I plan meals for my family based on color. I am never happier than when those beautiful red tomatoes of summer are easily accessible so I can have a "pop" of red on the plate.
5. I like Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb.
6. When I hear a story or read a headline - my mind tries to make a devotion out of it. Come on bloggers - you know what I'm saying.

What does all this say about me? My life is all or nothing - so I need to recharge. Lines only belong on a grilled steak placed beside a colorful selection of side items. Not all Mr.'s are Dr.'s. And, oh well, here I am doing #6 again - after all - "I am fearfully and wonderfully made".

No comments: