Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Name That Tune.

Today I was having the ceremonial "Sunday snuggle session" with my five-year-old, Darby. Full of things to say, thriving on the one-on-one attention, she said she wanted to be a songwriter when she "grew up". I quickly answered that she didn't have to wait until she grew up... "you can help me now".

Thrilled at the possiblity, we both began discussing Zephaniah 3:17 - a scripture I've been working on a song for. Really looking for one of those "out of the mouths of babes" moments, I explained to her the meaning of the verse as I saw it.



"The Lord, your God, is here and mighty to save. He will delight in you and quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing."



I told Darby that I believed God has His very own song for each of us. She answered, "I bet mine is 'Jesus Loves Me'.

"Yes," I said, "it probably is."



That was one of those moments...you know the ones...that you just look at them and thank God they know about a Savior who loves them. AND it makes you feel like you might have done something right ... so far.

Who knows, one day she'll have that same talk with her little girl.



What's your song? Listen Closely. Can you hear God singing over you? He is, you know. If you know no other tune, know that He is still singing 'Jesus Loves Me'... and always will.



-Janet

1 comment:

Amy Wyatt said...

Janet,
I enjoyed hanging out this weekend.
I left a tag for you on my blog so maybe you will post.
Amy