Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Monday, April 21, 2008

For Such a Time as This

As the count-down for the release of the new CD continues, it is my nature to want to "do something" while I wait. Maybe I should call this person or e-mail that person to let them know just what is happening. But somewhere in the recesses of my mind swirl the lyrics to the last song God gave me. So many times I want to "help God out". Newsflash: He doesn't need my help. Every opportunity I've had, every person I've met, every place I've been - brought me to where I am now - both physically and spiritually. God is in control. He IS-so I don't have to be.
Quiet my hands
Quiet my soul
Quiet my mind to remind me
that You are in control
And I'll be still in Your Presence until
I know I'm in Your Will
You have brought me to this place...
For Such a Time as This.
Lord, help me be still until You say "move". Your timing is always perfect. Afterall, You have brought me to this place...for such a time as this.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful, beautiful words Janet. Thank you. I can't wait to hear the whole thing. I'm counting the days, too.

Cheri said...

Okay, that brought tears to my eyes. How true-yet why can I not see it that way most of the time?!!

That was breathtaking!