Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

100% Chance


Nothing makes a little one run to the window in the morning like the promise of snow in the South. Although this year is a little different, it's normally rare to see snow more than once a winter in South and North Carolina. Forecasters promised snow today...100%. However, when we woke to find dry, grassy yards, the morning routine ensued.

I have to admit, I've looked out the window every five minutes since I took them to school! The promise of snow is still there...it's just a matter of when.

We are expectant because the promise is sure.

Isn't that how Christians should react to the promise of Christ's return? Although we live our lives and return to routines, the expectancy of His return should make our hearts crane toward Heaven.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father...Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."
Matthew 24:35 & 42

His return is 100%...it's just a matter of when. Be ready.

No comments: