Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Your Worries are Over!

Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Several times a week, the unsolicited mail comes in. “Act Now! Your Worries are Over!” Creditors offering quick-fixes for long-term bad habits seem like a good thing. I’ll have to admit, there was a time I looked through them and even considered their offers. However, the deal was never as good as it seemed. Many times, the interest rates after an introductory period rocketed making your debt worse off than you started.
Is it possible to get out of this much debt?

Here’s Hope. With God, all things are possible. Will your debt problems magically disappear overnight? Most likely not. But what God will do is offer you peace and contentment during these stressful times.

He may direct you to use a hidden talent or gift to bring income to your house. In 2 Kings 4:1-7, a widow woman was in desperate need of some money. Elisha instructed her to take every vessel she could find and fill it with oil. This seemed strange to her because she only had a little oil left! Trusting God, she obeyed. That little bit of oil filled all of the containers. After selling it, she was able to meet the need of her household. What has God given you?
Are you using the gifts He gave you?

His introductory period is just the beginning of His Grace Period. Want a quick fix? Trust God. He’s the only offer that is as good as it seems our there!

God, help me to always be thankful for what I have. You know my needs, Lord. I desire to be in Your Will. I ask for Your direction in how to be the best steward of what I have and what you will give me.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Seems I am running across alot of posts about worrying today. I guess God is trying to tell me something.....He knows all of my anxious thoughts. I will turn to
Him...He has the answers for ALL of my worries.

Thank you!!

Carol said...

Can I get PAID for being a maniac? That is AWESOME! I'm excited about the women's conf. too! Thanks for including me!!