Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Little Country Church



Tonight I had the opportunity to return to Smith Grove Baptist Church in Forest City, NC. After visiting with them a couple months ago, I was asked back to share songs from my new cd! What a treat!

Smith Grove is a self-described "little country church". With the large mega-churches and large congregations I've gotten used to attending, it is so refreshing to see a small group of people so invested in each other! Just like the church I grew up in, most of the people in the church are related. Members rarely miss a service. There's no program or "order of service" bulletin. Folks just sing out and sing loud. If you have a song, you just let the minister know the night of service. Their loving spirit is visible in their words and actions. They still have a "fellowship hall" not a "family life center". Sunday School is still Sunday School.

Smith Grove is without a pastor right now. Please join with me in prayer that God's Perfect Plan will be revealed to the search committee. Also, pray that the hearts of the church will be prepared to receive their new pastor.

1 comment:

Amy Wyatt said...

Have fun this week! I'll be praying for you.