Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ministering to the Lord

OK. I'll admit it. This week, I have been bit pouty. With chores, children and household chaos, I lost sight of my Lord for a few days. He wasn't behind the laundry...He was in it the whole time. My connection to Him isn't "when it's all done"...it's in the doing.
Tonight I picked up a little book called "Prayers & Promises for Women" and read this entry:
And the twelve were with him, and certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, and Joanna...and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance. Luke 8:1-3
The role of women in Your ministry is not clear, but we can catch glimpses of them now and then. As with many men You healed, women also left their homes to follow You, to minister to Your needs. They saw You were fed and clothed, with a place to rest at night, taking on those burdens to free You and the disciples to do Your work. Many women carry on this ministry today, quietly supporting Your work, seeing to the details of church life. Only You know who they are. Bless them and keep them; give them Your reward for faithful service."
Today, I thank God for the opportunity to serve my family: to keep their clothes smelling like Downy, to maintain the household and feed their sweet little faces. That is my ministry...not just to my family...to the Lord.

2 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Thanks for the reminder that serving our family is serving the Lord.

Carmen said...

HE always sees...and need I say 'feels' our faithful service to those closest to us. I often wonder - in my service to my 'fabulous five' - am I giving Him reason to grieve or rejoice over me...

thanks for the words...