Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday




One of my MOST favorite songs is "Sing to the King" by Billy Foote. There's an energy with this song that just gets my hands up and the rest of me swaying. It comes from an old hymn called "Sing We the King" from 1910 (at least the first verse). The awesome chorus was added and it has been recorded by Passion, Hillsong and, most recently, Sandy Patti.

The chorus lyrics are:

Come let us sing a song - A song declaring we belong to Jesus -

He's all we need.


Lift up a song of praise - Sing now with voices raised to Jesus -

Sing to the King!

7 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Janet... One of my absolute favorites! I had to stop cleaning and put up the volume on this one. I love this song too. Especially the part where it says "For His returning, we watch and we pray. We will be ready the dawn of that day. We'll join in singing with all the redeemed for Satan is vanquished and Jesus is King!"
Hallelujah and Amen Sister.
Glad you joined us this week.

Sita said...

Just where my mind needed to go...to praise my King...Jesus my King...thank you...
I do SO love that tree...reminds me of home...

Peggy said...

Bless you Janet...for this song to OUR KING declaring that we belong!
Lifting my heart of praise ...I love the last line and shouting hallelujah with Amy...but I hope you weren't being prophetic...
all the signs are before us but I have such a sense of urgency for the Great Commission that I'm begging for some more time for the unreached and hardened hearts that need to surrender to the King!

What I really want to know is how
did you d that little blogger player instead of YouTube and are you sure that wasn't you singing???

I love the energy of this song and the way it builds..thanks for a bit of background...I didn't know that it came from that hymn but I did know many are recordng it & shouting the praises to Our King!


Thanks and be blessed as you bless us!

Susan said...

Wow, what an anointed song!!!!

Is that YOU singing it? Just incredible.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us today.

So nice to meet you too♥

Janet Roller said...

Thanks for the votes of confidence...that's not me singing, though. It's the Passion Worship Band.
Glad you enjoyed it!
_Janet

David Guion said...

Hi Janet,

I'm a Worship Leader from San Antonio, TX and I just led that song tonight at an outdoor service downtown at Blood-n-Fire. (Weird, huh?) It really is an amazing confession.

Here's a link to Billy and Cindy Foote's version on iTunes.

Sing To The King
(Your iTunes should launch automatically.)

Thanks for sharing their music on your post this morning.

Blessings,

David Guion
one24worship.com

Carol said...

Love this one! We sing this in choir. You've been a busy little blogger lately. I'm going to have to come by more often. Hope all is well.