Janet Roller - Living Oak Ministries

My photo
Hi. I'm Janet Roller: wife of one, mother of two, lover of coffee and writer of songs. I have just finished my first fiction novel and I'm looking forward to watching how God uses the simple story to minister to others. God is a big deal to me. My goal each day is to wake up and declare, "This day is Yours, Lord. Show me what to do with it."

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Robots, Magic Hats and Me...Oh My!

This summer has been full of events, travel and interesting e-mails. After our week-long vacation, Little Miss South Carolina in Hartsville, Deeper Still in Atlanta and Miss South Carolina in Spartanburg...I'm ready to stay at home in Forest City for a while!

Much-needed rain came down yesterday and today. As wonderful as that was, Sam and Darby don't do well without a sunshine-run-around-outside break. Neither does Mommy. So, to break up the day, yesterday we headed out to see Wall-E.
After reading reviews ranging from "I slept through this movie" to "This was the best movie ever"...I wasn't sure what to make of it. I will say this - any movie that can captivate the attention of 4 kids under 7 is OK with me! Minimal dialogue. Cute robot. G-rating. I won't be waiting to rent it again but...it was good.

Today, "Nana" took the kids to see a magic show at the local library. Needlesstosay, Sam has been pulling things out of his hat all night.


During my quiet time, I wrote several devotions for the book Amy and I are trying to complete. By God's grace and provision, in two years, moms all over the country will be encouraged by words God gives now. Amazing. More about this new devotional when more is known.

I am excited about a few new invitations and confirmations I've received over the last few days: August 9 - Rock Hill, SC, September 11 - Big Springs Baptist in Hollis, NC and March 27-29 - Taylors First Baptist Church's Women's Conference (held at The Cove).

Please continue to pray for us! God is working. I am thankful.

1 comment:

Unreasonable Grace said...

Janet, I happened upon your blog somehow through Lysa's blog. Your picture looked familiar so I had to see if you are the same Janet that attended 2007 She Speaks. Tina (my pastor) and I sat across from you at the pre-conference Women's Ministry session. You had just moved and were missing your old church family. If this is you, then I'd say you've made the adjustment VERY well.
Keep on for the Lord!
Kim Chewning